From The Second Shift Wiki
Language of the people of Amirand.
A partial list of Charendraen words
- boxen wo fai: I'm sorry
- cha-grendi: Thank you
- bui bui: Greeting, informal
- Odi: Magic energy
- Peynon naran: a day of week
- poneama: Enter (as in "come in"), spoken by Targonane in Scene 3, Episode 3, Season 2
- ra-na: Alright (as in, "Are you ra-na?")
- senjen: Please
- Tae-Od: Negative Odi
- pullavin: criminals (as in, "The Red Circle are merely organized pullavin.")
- oli-yuung: Good Morning
- nye-nye: Its OK
Food and Drink
- fraunti: A type of fruit
- hoj: An onion-y tea
- holun veran: A tea like beverage
- jeri: Onion
- krek: A type of fruit
- zaruna: A type of fruit
- jiverian: A type of vegetable
Amirandian names change throughout a person's life.
First syllable: Given at birth by one's parents. The parents will also add this syllable to their existing name (e.g. Fes, Meek, Kath, Shae).
Second syllable: Given by a mentor (e.g. Shae-na given by Zana). It is presently unclear whether this syllable is the same second syllable as the mentor's.
Fourth syllable: Taken from the name given to one's first child (e.g. Targonane, Arkahn's parents Alexalark and Lorenalark).
- Kath: Name (Tranquility)
- Meek: Name (Desire of the heart)
- Shae: Name (Warrior)
- Umbra: Goat's Name
- charenpuenofai: Magic Phone
- waa-loar: Hoverbike
- Amirand: World
- Baela: Nation
- Laundi: Province
- Velia: Province
- Draenmer: Ancestors' Cavern
- Proolau wo-Tarentenodi: One of the "Seven Universities", located in Laundi
- Proolau wo-Veliaodi: One of the "Seven Universities", located in Velia
- Aindel: equivalent to "Dean", spoken by guard in reference to Targonane in Episode 3, Season 2
- Draenpeño: Speakers of Truth
- Lowatuen: Town Watch
- Paren-Schwa: This is how Jareth addresses Targonane.
- Sundhja: Judge (plural Sundhjae), spoken by Bailiff in Scene 1, Episode 3, Season 2
- shi-schwa: Polite address
- Sun-Schwa: Your honor(s), spoken by Bailiff in Scene 1, Episode 3, Season 2